In some situations, you will come across different setup errors which if not fixed can otherwise result in setup failure. The most recommended solution to fix the problem of installation is by updating the firmware version of the extender to the latest version. If you have not configured the extender, you won’t be able to change the settings or apply the new firmware. Now, we will discuss the steps to update the firmware of your Ex6100 extender. If you are coming across any other error during the setup phase, then you can read the instructions related to the errors from here.
Updating the firmware bypassing initial setup wizard:
- Connect the router directly to the computer and download the latest version of Ex6100.
- Connect the computer to the Ex6100 and enter the address Mywifiext in the address bar.
- Enter username and the password. The default username and password are given on the hardware as well as on the guided manual.
- Go to ‘Maintenance’ followed by ‘Firmware update’. Go to ‘Download Firmware Ex6100’.
- Tap ‘Upload’.
- After implementing step 5, you will find the Firmware of the extender is upgraded to the latest version.
If you have any queries related to the latest running version for your extender, you can contact the support experts available online.